MS Win locale issue?

Davide Imbeni davide.imbeni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 06:36:27 EDT 2007

Hi,

I did not mention I'm using Windows 2000; I did not find any Standards and
Formats", "Location" and "Language for non-Unicode
programs" in the Control Panel, Regional Settings. Instead, I can see, among
others:

- General -
Locale (location) = Italian (Italy)

- Numbers -
Decimal symbol = ","
Digit grouping symbol = "."

- Currency -
Currency symbol = "L." (as in Italian Lira, why is it still there after all
these years!! :-( )
Decimal symbol = ""
Digit grouping symbol = "."

I see there is no decimal symbol in the currency section, which makes sense
for the ITL admitted no decimals (being worth almost nothing,,,)

I don't export any LANG or LANGUAGE variables.

I hope this helps
Thank you again

Davide