MS Win locale issue?

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 07:36:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2007, 12:36 +0200 schrieb Davide Imbeni:
> Hi,
>
> I did not mention I'm using Windows 2000; I did not find any Standards
> and Formats", "Location" and "Language for non-Unicode
> programs" in the Control Panel, Regional Settings. Instead, I can see,
> among others:
>
> - General -
> Locale (location) = Italian (Italy)
>
> - Numbers -
> Decimal symbol = ","
> Digit grouping symbol = "."
>
> - Currency -
> Currency symbol = "L." (as in Italian Lira, why is it still there
> after all these years!! :-( )
> Decimal symbol = ""
> Digit grouping symbol = "."
>
> I see there is no decimal symbol in the currency section, which makes
> sense for the ITL admitted no decimals (being worth almost
> nothing,,,)
>
> I don't export any LANG or LANGUAGE variables.
>
> I hope this helps
> Thank you again

I do not have access to a Windows 2000 machine, so may you please
continue to try to fix this and post your results here?  Keep in mind
that 2000 is well before we switched to the Euro :-)  Maybe a service
pack or another Microsoft package can help here.

A workaround may be to activate Edit > Preferences > General > Numbers >
Automatic decimal point.

> Davide

-- andi5