Cannot enter text correcty on Win platform

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Jun 22 15:17:23 EDT 2007

Hi,

thanks for reporting this problem. I'd suggest you add a new bugzilla entry
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash
but I've already another question:

Am Freitag, 22. Juni 2007 11:05 schrieb Ivars Grinbergs:
>    I've tried to use MS Win version of GnuCash (v2.1.4, built from r16170
> on 2007-06-18) on my Win XP Pro (SP2) laptop. The problem I encounter is
> that I cannot enter my local language (Latvian) correctly.
>
>    From keyboard I cannot enter specific characters of the Latvian language
>    into any GC field.

We have to different entry fields (from an implementation point of view):

The first kind are the normal (gtk) entry boxes, which come up for example
when (in an account register window) you click the button "Transfer" in the
toolbar or the menu entry Actions->Transfer. Is it possible to enter Latvian
characters in the "Description" text field? If not, it's most likely a fault
of the gtk library.

The other kind of entry boxes are those in the account register ("table")
windows, where you see all the transactions in a window. If something doesn't
work there, well, it's most likely our fault...

Again thanks for your report and please add a description to bugzilla. Once
you've entered the report there, you can also upload screenshots there, which
would be quite helpful for seeing what you can enter.

Christian

>    However, I can do copy from other place (for
> instance, notepad) and paste anywhere in GC correct symbols which are then
> correctly stored and displayed.
>
>    The specific chars are those:
>    ĒŖŪĪŌĀŠĢĶĻŽČÅ
ēŗūīōāšģķļžčņ