Release date 2.2.0? Another release candidate before that?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Jun 24 11:03:03 EDT 2007

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:
> * Should we have another "release candidate" version (2.1.5) next weekend?
> That would result in the final 2.2.0 around July 15th.

I think (at least) a 2.1.5 is advisable.

> SVN and uploaded on Saturday, June 30th. Binary package is created and
> uploaded by Monday, July 2nd (and needs to be copied to gnucash.org as well).
> Announcement is sent out on Tuesday, July 3rd. Does that sound fine?

July 3rd is the day before a major USian holiday (Independence Day), which
this year happens to be on a Wednesday.  I'm not sure quite what impact that
will have on "press", but it might be better to schedule the release for the
following week.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}