Release date 2.2.0? Another release candidate before that?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 25 11:28:28 EDT 2007

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:

> Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:
>> * Should we have another "release candidate" version (2.1.5) next weekend?
>> That would result in the final 2.2.0 around July 15th.
>
> I think (at least) a 2.1.5 is advisable.

Agreed, I think we want another RC release, if for nothing else than
that some of the GObjectification issues that we've seen
(e.g. conflating qof_entity_get_guid() and qof_instance_get_guid()
which had different return values when passed a NULL argument)...
There still may be issues with Andreas' quick-fix; we should probably
(in the short term) revert part of my changes:

* re-add a qof_entity_get_guid() API
* revert the calls that were changed to qof_instance_get_guid()

Doing so, however, isn't a simple "revert a changeset".  :( It's
reverting only part of a changeset, so it's going to be a manual task.