Compiling gnucash 2.2.1 on openSuSe 10.2

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Sep 10 07:51:01 EDT 2007

Quoting John Sved <john.sved at onlinehome.de>:
> I am really just a user of gnucash.  As I want to use the HBCI function
> which is not included in the binary RPM for openSuSE 10.2   I am
> reluctantly prepared to try to compile the source.

I think most of your questions are already answered on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/SuSE or
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building

> First attempt to ./configure  reported no C compiler.   gcc41 was
> quickly installed
>
> Second attempt to ./configure --enable-hbci   reported it could not
> find  glib >= 2.6
> Searching for such yielded nothing for openSuSE 10.2     Installed is
> glib2  2.1.2

The quoted overview "README.dependencies" says on OpenSUSE 10.2 there
is a package glib2-2.12.4, which you would need (including its -devel
package), but you should really first read those pages and install all
dependencies that are mentioned there.

Regards,

Christian