testing the book zeroing code (maybe for backport?)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 6 11:08:05 EST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Tim Wunder wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 February 2008 10:16:53 am Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:39:52AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> I *still* haven't tested it (school's got me so busy) but I would
>> agree with Tim, that maybe there should be some indicator of
>> progress,
>> or at least a "now closing books, this may take a while" notice. But
>> that's by no meanas a deal breaker for me, just a courtesy for those
>> of us with big files.
>
> It'd be interesting to see how long it takes for you if indeed you
> do have a
> big file. Derek's file has more accounts, mine has more transactions
> and we
> have significantly different experiences with how long the book
> close takes.
>
> Tim

Is there a convenient way to count total transactions? I have about
100 expense accounts and 20 income accounts with a 16MB uncompressed
data file, and it took just over 4 minutes to close my books as of
today for about 3 years worth of transactions. Mac OS X 10.5, ppc G5
chip, svn r16781

Dave
--
David Reiser