Setting date range in reports

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Feb 21 08:20:48 EST 2008

Al,
    The problem is unclear documentation? I put it that way because
obviously not adequate to get you to the right spot.

    That's not "customization" and it is via "options" that you get to
set things each time you run a report -- things like the date range,
what subtotals you want to see, whether zero balance accounts are
included, etc. But apparently you weren't helped to find the RIGHT
"options".

FIRST you run the desired report (balance sheet, income/expense
statement, whatever)

NOW look at the "Edit" pull down menu and you should see a sub menu for
"Report Options". You use that to CHANGE the settings which apply to the
open report and each time you OK/apply the change the report is altered
according to what you just specified. When you are done, export/save the
report (what I do).

    I can't tell you how I figured out what to do, whether this was
something I learned going through the tutorial or via help when in the
context of creating a report or whether looking around and seeing hmmmm
"report options -- maybe that will do what I want". Was half a year ago.

Michael