ofxdirectconnect in aqbanking3 branch

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 23 14:40:43 EDT 2008

On Jul 21, 2008, at 4:56 AM, Andreas Köhler wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Dave Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> From: Andreas Köhler
>>> Does r17347 change anything for you?
>>
>> Yes. For credit card accounts, the matcher window now appears.
>
> Great.
> Subsequently, I am going to filter out the showstoppers first
> (only ;-)).
>
>> However, the first time I ran a directconnect session, gnucash
>> asked me
>> twice to specify an account for the credit card transactions I was
>> downloading. Subsequent runs to the same bank only asked me once to
>> specify an
>> account (the Select Account dialog/window). I don't think gnucash
>> should ever ask
>> for an account during a directconnect sequence -- the Online
>> Banking Setup
>> function is supposed to take care of that. Gnucash won't even let me
>> trigger the Get Transaction function unless there is an Online
>> Setup match
>> already established for the current account register.
>
> Does it ask you for the same online id which is showed at the top of
> the chooser?
> Typically, it should ask for a combination "bank code" + "account
> number" only once.

with 17400, gnucash now asks me to select an account for "" (there is
nothing on the second line of the dialog heading where the "Credit
Card XXXXXXXXXXXX1234" used to appear.

And I'm still asked to select an account each time I import
transactions.

>> Another problem is that all the descriptions showed up in the
>> Transaction
>> Matcher as 'unspecified'. Description should contain the contents
>> of the
>> OFX tag <NAME> or <MEMO>. My credit card company puts it in <NAME>,
>> the
>> investment broker in <MEMO>. Having all those descriptions show up as
>> Unspecified makes matching difficult to impossible.
>
> Hm, as that seems to be an OFX issue, I am not sure whether GnuCash
> can do
> anything about it.

I'll have to do some additional testing, but using gnucash 17400 built
against aqbanking 1542 and gwen 1459 this morning (different machine
than over the weekend), the Descriptions now appear as they have before.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net