running gda-dev2 on winxp

Karim B karimb at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 17:33:45 EDT 2008

I was finally able to build an install for the gda-dev2 branch and
installed it on a winXP system.  I copied an XML data file from a system
running 2.4.4 into the c:\ directory.

I try to start gnucash from the command line by typing:

"c:\Program Files\gnucash\bin\gnucash.bat" --debug xml://c:/CurrentFinances

I then get a popup that says

The file xml://CurrentFinances could not be found.

The only button on this popup is close, when I hit close gnucash comes
up with no data

If I then try to open the same XML file gnucash crashes with these
errors in the trace file:

*   INFO <gnc.backend.gda> [gnc_gda_check_sqlite_file] No '.db', doesn't
exist (errno=2) -> GDA
*   INFO <qof.session> [qof_session_load_backend]  selected GnuCash
LibGDA Backend

Any idea why I'm getting these errors?  Is it treating the xml file as a
sqlite file?  If it is, any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks.
Karim