Run F::Q from MSYS on XP?

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:36:58 EDT 2008

Does anyone know if I can run Finance::Quote from my Windows XP build
environment? The install.sh script that runs on MSYS only installs perl
5.6.1, not 5.8.

I do have ActivePerl 5.8 installed on my machine for use with GnuCash when
installed via a .exe.  But if I try to install F::Q in the build
environment, by running gnc-fq-update from an MSYS shell, it only sees perl
5.6.1 and the install fails (CPAN has trouble downloading using wget).

Perhaps I should change the install.sh script to download and install
5.8rather than
5.6.1? Or will this break other things?

Cheers,
Charles