GDA: Status

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at
Sun May 25 16:24:12 EDT 2008

I've spent the past few weeks trying to port to libgda V4.  On the
libgda mailing list, I was told that a bug I reported against V3 would
not be fixed because effort was going into V4.  I also wanted to work
with V4 to help find any problems as soon as possible.

Well, V4 basically works with the sqlite provider.  There were a number
of memory leaks and other small issues.  However, there are a number of
problems with the V4 mysql provider - it's not ready for use.

I've decided to switch back to V3 for now.  I'll continue to supply
patches and if I have to, I'll pull it into the tree under 'lib'.


More information about the gnucash-devel mailing list