Italian docs and PNG support

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Oct 28 10:50:42 EDT 2008

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2008 13:52 schrieb Cristian Marchi:
> Hi,
> first I've attached a patch for the Italian documentation (guide and
> help) and aother bunch of figures for the Italian guide.

Thanks a lot. Figures are added and patch for "Help" is applied.

However, the patch for the "guide/it_IT" didn't apply here in my checkout. The
patch to the first guide file, guide/it_IT/ch_bus_pay.xml, didn't apply ("1
out of 1 hunk FAILED") and then the patch file contained errors, "missing
header for unified diff at line 855 of patch". Could you resubmit the guide
part of the patch?

Thanks a lot!

> Second, I've encountered some problem when using the style sheet editor
> for invoices: I wasn't able to load the images in .png format. I tried
> to save them with different "save option" in Gimp 2.6.1 but without
> results. By the way the gif format works well. I read in the manual that
> the png format should be supported in GnuCash: is that true?

The displaying of images, gif or png or svg, is done by the library
libgtkhtml. I'd guess this library is unable to handle png, which would mean
you cannot use them in a style sheet. But I don't know for sure.

Regards,

Christian