Issue With AqBanking and Qt

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Tue Sep 16 23:58:44 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 22:15 -0500, Chris M. Lindsey wrote:
> Frank (and all gnucash developers),
> Thanks for your brief reply.  The gnucash wiki indicates that versions
> starting with 2.2.1 no longer need to install Qt:
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#2.2.0_only:_Online_Banking_Setup_Druid_.28needs_Qt.29
>
> Can I gain access to the Online Banking portion of gnucash without
> installing Qt on my own?  How so?

QT is only needed for the initial setup of your online banking accounts
in aqbanking.  But I suppose there is not really a way to avoid it for
you.

> And Frank, it would seem to me that there is an issue if the documentation
> indicates I don't need to install Qt but you say I do.  Perhaps you should
> consider that this is a bug.

No, Frank is no bug :-)

It seems as if your qt3-wizard simply crashed, even though the log
messages indeed sound a bit confusing.  See, if you choose Online
Banking Setup from the GnuCash Tools menu, click Forward, then on the
button to spawn the AqBanking wizard and if then pops up a new window,
QT is correctly found in the PATH and everything should work.

If the crash persists, please ask on the aqbanking-devel mailing list,
the guys reading it can probably help you in some way, although I
suppose "Upgrade to AqBanking3, AqBanking2 is unsupported" will be among
the answers ;-)  Unfortunately, the upcoming 2.2.7 will still use
AqBanking2.

Ciao,
-- andi5