python bindings will receive attention again

Mark Jenkins mark at parit.ca
Fri Aug 28 14:59:17 EDT 2009

>  * provide guidance for anyone adding new features

>  * add some features that my current project will need

>  * follow up on Derek's suggestion to eliminate redundancies between
> python binding swig files and guile swig files

I've learned a little bit more about the release schedule and have
realized that I should be very careful about changes like that right
now. (in particular, the last one involves changing things outside of
src/optional/python-bindings ). I get the impression that this kind of
thing shouldn't be done in trunk until after 2.4 is branched off.

So, I'm going to keep my focus on config/build issues, bugs,
documentation, and making sure the api can be used in an OO style.