WARNING: There are duplicate TXF codes assigned to some accounts. Only TXF codes with payer sources may be repeated. in Tax and TXF Report

Raphaël Maville rafmav at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 6 05:26:46 EST 2009

I guess I should better send this question to gnucash-user, but I began here with it...

I tried tax and TXF categories, I affected them arbitrary to see what shows the tax / TXF report!
But all accounts show a total of 0,00!

I did this :
1. check the checkbox "taxable" of a created account
2. go in the gnucash menu Edit > Tax options
3. choose a tax category
4. open the tax /TXF report with Edit > Tax / TXF report
5. redo 3. and 4. with an update of report every time.

I had this message:
WARNING: There are duplicate TXF codes assigned to some accounts. Only TXF codes with payer sources may be repeated.

What does that mean ? how can I have duplicate TXF codes assigned to some accounts ?
Most, why does it say that "Only TXF codes with payer sources may be repeated." ?
By unchecking the checkbox "Suppress 0,00$ values" in the Display folder of the option popup window, I saw them all, but all accounts show a total of 0,00.
I created transactions to try to change it: it stays like this!

Another solution should be to recreate exactly the accounting plan in the hierarchy of accounts! But like it is now, it is possible to handle accounts both with the gnucash "accounts way", the hierarchy I made and I wanted, and with the classic "categories" way of the other softs: it is better! And I can have my tax report! If only it runs!

Then, how to get something else that some 0,00 ??