Moving from 2.2.6 to 2.2.9 and dropping src/register/register-gnome/gnucash-sheet.c patch (use g_hash_table_new_full to request g_free on de-allocated items)

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:50:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Loïc Martin <loic.martin3 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Spoke too fast. I can't find any bugs on launchpad that relates to
>> this problem, and there's no way a Stable Release Update would be
>> granted if it doesn't solve any bugs in Ubuntu. Unless some Ubuntu
>> users can point me to the bug or, at least, submit it to Launchpad.
>
> I suspect if you ask on the gnucash-user list you could find a number
> of people who might be willing to file a bug report for you..

I did a few searches against the email lists and I didn't find any
Ubuntu-specific problems people have reported publicly except possibly
the recent issue of over-maximized GnuCash windows under Ubuntu 9.04
"Jaunty." (Reported independently by Erik Felthauser and Jamar.) That
hasn't happened to me on Jaunty so I cannot confirm. One was an
upgrade from an older GnuCash version under Fedora and the other
appears to be new with a data conversion from Quicken.

HOWEVER there have been numerous bugfixes since 2.2.6. For various
complaints the first recommendation on the Users list is to try a
later version, and the only options for Ubuntu users have been to
either self-compile or download the package at getdeb.net. I have been
hesitant to recommend folks point to Löic's PPA (upload/download area
for Ubuntu developers) but a PPA might be the simplest workaround
until the Ubuntu Karmic 9.10 (October) release.

Possibly Löic would rather most users be advised upgrade from another
place -- maybe a PPA dedicated to GnuCash upgrades (PPAs are offered
free for the asking, but are associated with a specific person or team
defined in Launchpad.net).