newly arrived

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 16 16:07:04 EDT 2009

Am Montag, 16. März 2009 11:47 schrieb hpmt:
> Hi !
> First of all, please be  indulgent with my writing English, as I do
> understand technical English, but I  am not used to write.
>
> I tried GnuCash for some days, and, to my humble opinion, I found it
> very professionnal.
>
> I had like to help with translating  toward french, as I do some
> profitless accounting works for "associations 1901", needing open-source
> software.
>
> I tried to found the .po file, as described there :
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Changing_the_Language_on_Windows
> but it seems that this file no longer exists in V2.2.9 ?
>
> How could I contact the maintainer of French language ?

The "po file" is contained in any source package of gnucash, which are the
package files ending in ".tar.gz". As you wrote you work on Windows, you
probably downloaded only the binary .exe files, which indeed do not contain
any "po file". In that case, please additionally download a tar.gz file and
you will find the file po/fr.po in there. That file also has the address of
the french translator in the first lines.

Regards,

Christian