[Patch] to add option to disable 'skip to value field' on memorised transaction

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Oct 4 16:48:31 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 4. Oktober 2009 11:23 schrieb Colin Law:
> Patch that provides a new option in the Register preferences to
> specify whether, when tab is hit after entering the description for a
> memorised transaction in Basic Ledger view, that the cursor  skips to
> the value field (as at present) or just tabs to the Transfer field.
> The option defaults to skip so gnucash operation is unaffected unless
> user modifies the option.

Thanks a lot for this patch! This looks very fine. There is one single issue
that can be improved even more (even though nobody has told you so far -
sorry for that): If for whatever reason your changed gconf schema file isn't
being installed in the correct location, and your new key isn't found, gconf
will return the global default value for bool keys, which is FALSE. Hence, to
make life still a little easier, we try to add new gconf keys in a way so
that their default value also is FALSE. By coincidence, your default value is
TRUE. I would ask whether it is sensible and possible to switch the option so
that it's default value is FALSE? It's not extremely important, but still
helpful.

> I remember at least one other thought this would be a worthwhile
> enhancement. If it gets committed I will update the docs.

Sounds good.

> There are not any automatic tests for this area that I need to update are
> there?

No, there are not.

> I have not done anything with regard to I18N, do I need to?

No, you don't have to. The criterion is: Did you add any user-visible strings?
1. You added the descriptions in the gconf keys and those will be picked up
for i18n automatically. And: 2. You added the strings in the .glade file, but
those are correctly marked with translatable="yes" so they will be picked up
for i18n correctly as well.

Regards,

Christian