Slow Scrolling with latest OS X Binary

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 21 16:09:42 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 9:26 AM, JEFF CARNEAL wrote:

> On a related note, I'm finding some weirdness related to selecting
> text from within an account.  I have noted the following:
>
> 1.  Double or triple clicking a Description no longer highlights the
> text.
>
> 2.  Selecting text can only be done by having the cursor on another
> line and selecting from your starting point of a *different* line.
> IOW, I cannot select from within the same line the cursor is
> currently located.  Also, the selection takes between 1 and 2
> seconds when it does work.
>
> 3.  I cannot move the cursor with the mouse from within a particular
> register entry.  Eg, click the 10th letter of an entry and
> subsequently click the 2nd letter of the same entry to place the
> cursor at that location doesn't work.
>
> Anyone else noticing this?  And yes, I'm aware these are fairly
> minor gripes on what is otherwise a fabulous piece of work.  Nicely
> done, John.

I've noticed most of these. I think that they're related to the
different text handling functions used (i.e., different from what's
used in other controls)  by register fields and perhaps with the gtk-
quartz implementations (or in some cases, non-implementations) , but I
haven't had time yet to work on it.

Regards,
John Ralls