How to translate the string has context prefix?

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Sat Apr 24 14:02:10 EDT 2010

Dancefire ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I saw some strings with context prefix, but I thought I might
> translate them in wrong way.
>
> For example,
> string "Action Column|Deposit",
> comment: "Translators: This string has a context prefix; the translation
> must only contain the part after the | character."
>
> My current translation is:
>
> "操作栏|存款"
>
> which is translate both word "Action Column" and "Deposit", and put
> "|" in the between.
>
> Am I wrong? should I just translate "Deposit", and ignore everything
> before and include "|"? such as "存款"?
>
> Thanks.

The part before the "|" is just a description so you should only
translate what is after that symbol (specifically the term "Deposit")
The correct syntax for your case would be:

msgid "Action Column|Deposit"
msgstr "存款"

Note that in the translation you are not supposed to include the "|" symbol.

Regards
Cristian