Could you help on some uncleared strings during my translations?

Dancefire dancefire at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:52:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:
> I'll answer the rest:
>
> Zitat von Dancefire <dancefire at gmail.com>:
>>
>> 12)
>> #: ../src/gnome/glade/price.glade.h:10
>> msgid "Delete all stock prices based upon the critera below:"
>>
>> I think "critera" is a typo, and should be "criteria".
>> Does "criteria" mean "conditon"? or "standard"?
>
> Yes, a typo. Yes, it means "conditions" - the plural; the singular would be
> "criterion", but there are several, so it's several "criteria". (How would
> "criteria" be the same as "standard"? Just curious how you would think of
> this semantic ambiguity.)

I got a sample sentence of "criteria":
-------
Environmental standards are an important component of China's
environmental statutory framework. They include environmental quality
standards, pollutant discharge or emission standards, basic
environmental criteria, criteria for samples, and criteria for ...
-------
In this context, the criteria means "standard" in Chinese.

--
Regards

Tao Wang