Translation error on (dutch) Home title page of gnucash.

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Tue Aug 24 03:15:25 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

> It sais: "Vrije boekhouding software"
>
> Actually it should be "Gratis boekhouding software"
>
> Make sure you change this since "Gratis" means For Free.
> "Vrije" has more to do with the English word Freedom.
GnuCash being open source, it is probably intended to mean free as in
free speech, not as in free beer.

> So Dutch people will type "Gratis boekhouding software" in search
> engines.
You have a point that "Gratis" (for free / no cost) might collect more
visitors, but I don't think the gratis aspect should be emphasized. The
freedom aspect is probably more important.

Gr.

Matthijs (also from .nl)