Let's really release 2.4.0 soon

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Dec 16 09:02:56 EST 2010

On Tuesday 14 December 2010, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> Sounds good.  What, if anything, is required for a 2.4.0 official release
> over and above 2.3.X RC release?
>
> As usual, I'll do the tarballs and release notes.
>
>  Phil
> ---------
> I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for
> it.

I propose to do a 2.4.0 release of the documentation at the same time. This
documentation release can then be used by the OS X and Windows installers.

Or better even would be to do the documentation release just before the
program release. The build system has to be updated to use the 2.4
documentation release instead of trunk.

Or do you prefer to use documentation trunk to go into the Windows and OS X
installers ?

Geert