r18581 - gnucash/trunk - Bug #607522: Add ADDRESS to check printing

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 1 17:06:03 EST 2010

Jan Arne Petersen <jap at gnome.org> writes:

>> This patch is bad.  It breaks EXTRA_DIST so what you distribute is based
>> on what Gtk version you have.  Bad Bad Bad!  you must always distribute
>> all the check files, not just the check files you personally need!
>
> That is not true. The above Makefile.am distributes all check files. See
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/automake/Conditional-Sources.html#Conditional-Sources

That page specifically says you still have to include all the files in
EXTRA_*, which your patch removes!  I quote from that page:

   Any files that are only conditionally built should be listed in the
   appropriate EXTRA_ variable.