po/{zh_CN,ja}.po haven't been updated by r19334

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Jul 12 15:16:27 EDT 2010

Am Sunday 11 July 2010 schrieb Tao Wang:
> Ok, I got it. I will update the zh_CN.po to TP later. I'm just curious,
> only zh_CN and ja are submitted to TP? I saw the language list of GnuCash
> domain in TP, I thought most of them are submitted to TP.

I just checked which translations had some commits with the text "copied from
TP" recently.

> After we decided to migrate to Git in the future. I suggest we host GnuCash
> code at git.gnome.org, and host translation at http://l10n.gnome.org/.
> First, it's fast and stable than current server; Second, the interface for
> translator is much better, more functions and more active team; Third, it
> support translation for branch, and it will automatically get 'master' .pot
> file from Git for translation of 'master' branch, and we do not need
> manually update/msgmerge those .po files, I think the server will do it for
> us.

Well, this is for sure an interesting discussion once we really go towards
some other hosting solutions. However, I didn't think of a central git
repository at git.gnome.org. Instead, I would have thought of multiple
decentralized git repositories, and github.com is clearly a candidate for this
because it is so blazing fast.

As for using some translation website: I'm not sure whethe l10.gnome.org can
handle the input strings from .c, .scm, .glade, and .schemas.in. When we
checked approx. 1-2 years ago, they weren't able to handle all of those file
types automatically, which made their server useless for gnucash. This might
have changed, though.

Regards,

Christian