queries on mysql

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 24 14:28:20 EST 2010

Fred,

Fred Verschueren <fvsc at fremar.be> writes:

> Frank et al,
>
> I'm coming from MS Money and use gnucash now for a month and I'm happy
> but I want to totally reorganise my data which I transferred from
> Money.
> To avoid I need to do this by hand I want to write a program/script
> (preferable in python).

Are you trying to reorganize the account structure or change how
transactions got placed into accounts?  It might make sense, considering
it's only been a month, to start over, re-import your old data and this
time organize it more appropriately.

> I had a look at the documentation on the API but this was not clear to me.
>
> Can I get some hint / examples how to start with this?
> Does a python wrapper for gnucash exists?

In 2.3.x, yes.  I do not believe there is a python wrapper in 2.2.x

> Thanks in advance.
> Fred

-derek