Fwd: [Patch] Re: default date of new transactions

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Thu Sep 16 11:58:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

I think, this should get it in "Tip of the Day", but it would break the string
freeze.

Frank

Betreff: Re: default date of new transactions
Datum: Donnerstag, 16. September 2010 15:05:04
Von: Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>
An: Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash2 at numerixtechnology.de>

Hi,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash2 at numerixtechnology.de> writes:

> For the past 2 days the default date for new/duplicated transactions
> has been 14/9/2010. This has been driving me nuts as my transactions
> kept on "disappearing" at the top.
>
> I just realized what it was: I had kept my PC running for 3 days (I
> normally shut down) and the default date remained the date Gnucash was
> last fired up. Now that I closed Gnucash and restarted I am back in the
> present!

The default date will be the date that you opened the register
page/window, or the last date you entered.  If you close the register
and re-open it, the default date should be "today".  It should not
require re-starting GnuCash.