GnuCash Translation into Tamil

AshokR ashok at smb-soft.com
Fri Apr 8 11:59:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to help with the translation of GnuCash into Tamil (ta_IN). I
emailed the last translator mentioned in the ta.po file: Ganesan Rajesh.
However that email bounced right back as undeliverable.

I would like to use the  http://www.transifex.net/ Transifex  service as a
shared workspace to collaborate with, hopefully,  other volunteers.
Transifex is a service based on an open source project. I understand that it
is being used by several hundred projects including Django, Ekiga, CiviCRM,
Empathy, F-Spot, PackageKit and a number of GNOME projects.

Transifex works with GitHub.
http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/projects.html To create a new project
on Transifex , the help file asks me to "Navigate using your browser to your
repository tree on GitHub, and browse through the directory structure to
locate your English language file." Can someone help me with the URL of this
on Git?

Once I set up the project, I can Create a Translatable Resource for a
language, in my case Tamil. For this I need to provide the
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/trunk/po/ta.po source language POT
file . However, that link seems to be trunk, while the wiki is asking me to
use the 2.4 branch. I need help with that as well.

Thanks for all your help in advance,
Ashok