GnuCash Dev teams

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Feb 1 13:46:50 EST 2011

On Tuesday 01 February 2011, Sebastien Daniel wrote:
> ------ Askarii ------
>
> Great feedback,
>
> yes I agree with just about everything that has been mentioned by other
> contributors. This "un-easy" start is indeed a mistake on my part, but
> it has the advantage of throwing to my attention most of the issues
> involved with opensource Communities and their "nature", if I can put it
> that way.
>
> To answer a few of the questions which arose from this introduction:
>
>    1. I am from Canada
>    2. I speak, fluently, both french and english
>    3. I do not intend to develop (program) for GnuCash (this is to
>       answer Donald Allen), yet my intentions to help and contribute
>       remain. My "area" is administration and I plan on contributing by
>       administrating an aspect of the project. A recent idea was the
>       WishList.
>    4. I have read the dev. Wiki and it is perfectly intelligible ;)
>
> Finally, to add to my knowledge of the project, is there a source of
> information which states the known issues, current projects etc?

GnuCash uses Gnome's bugzilla as an issue tracker. It can be found on
https://bugzilla.gnome.org

The most interesting way to get an overview of the GnuCash relevant issues and
suggestions is to go to:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi
and then select the GnuCash product.

Other than that I believe you will find some information in the GnuCash wiki
(http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash) as well, particularly on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Roadmap which holds a rough list of ideas for the
next major release.

Currently GnuCash is preparing to release 2.4.1, so the focus is primarily on
squashing bugs that came up with the 2.4.0 release.

Geert