[Bug 570042] Book-closing entries in reports: proposed patch
tristan.faujour at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 05:01:17 EST 2011
I submitted a patch for bug #570042.
Here is the trouble: The book-closing entries pollute some reports (e.g.
Income over time or Income/Expense chart). Other reports are explicitly
dealing with book-closing entries (usually, the reports that are
related to equities: Equity statement, Profit & Loss).
Thanks to Christian and Derek, there already are APIs to deal with an
"is-closing-transaction?" flag. So most of the work was already done. I
- Change the reports' default behavior to have them ignore the
- Do not change anything in reports that deal explicitly with them.
Here is the content of this patch (everything is under gnucash/src/report):
- In function gnc:account-get-trans-type-balance-interval, depending on
an argument, closing entries can be ignored (they are identified by
- Some report utility functions are duplicated (with a "-with closing"
suffix) to provide the legacy feature.
- Equity statement and Profit & Loss reports are modified to call the
It tested this patch against SVN head (rev 20345) with a Linux OS
(Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64).
This is only my second contribution, so it should be taken with all due
Let me know if I can improve something.
More information about the gnucash-devel