Public Git repo: Status update

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jan 7 16:41:23 EST 2011

On Jan 5, 2011, at 5:58 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2011, at 11:01 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
>>
>>> I also started a straight git svn clone, which stopped mysteriously
>>> about the same place. I just restarted it.
>>
>> What's the bottleneck in doing the conversion?
>
> This time I kept a tee-file of the output, but I didn't have time to examine it this morning. It stopped in exactly the same place, and I guess that it's because I'd already started that import before I started fixing the git author file, so it failed for the same reason. The restart ran all the way through.

I've since done another run that ran all the way through without intervention, so I'm comfortable that it was indeed the author file that was causing it to stop before. I've also gotten the first version nicely patched up so that the tracking branches are in sync with the remotes (this had gotten broken by the stops -- it wasn't a problem on the run that ran through cleanly).

Meanwhile, I see that Yawar has pushed his own git svn import onto the Github repo and also pushed a commit in a new, rather weirdly-named branch. Yawar, since you have the svn data that goes with that import, you've bought keeping github synchronized with svn and vice-versa.

Regards,
John Ralls