Wrong list

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jan 13 14:25:58 EST 2011

On Thursday 13 January 2011, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

> > > Patch submissions are supposed to go to bugzilla now, not -devel,
> > > right?
>
> As the wiki says "A read-only list containing just commit messages" and you
> can see in e.g.
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-patches/2011-January/thread.html
> it is the output of svn.

While you're right, that's not what Mark meant. It used to be so that casual
contributors were told to send their patches to the -devel list or attach them
to a bug in buzilla. So that's what the -devel list description currently
still states.

Nowadays casual contributors should attach a patch to a bug in bugzilla. The
risk of patches getting lost is too high on the mailing list.

So it would be good if the list description was changed accordingly.

Geert