Translation of GnuCash help with po file

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Thu Jan 13 15:13:09 EST 2011

I've finally managed to translate all the GnuCash help using a po file.
What I get in the end is a single xml file (gnucash-help.xml) that
contains all the help translated. I've tried to make it into a pdf and
it worked. Now I'm able to work upstream by updating the C help and in
second instance to track updates to be included also in the Italian help.
Now I'm asking to developers if it would be possible to collapse all the
help/it_IT files in only one xml file. I would also like to add in this
directory the po file I've used for translation and a text file with
detailed instructions on how to update the template and redo the
translation.

I've also a small problem: I can't get the only string in the help
tagged with <subtitle> (Help_ch_Intro.xml) to get translated by xml2po.
Any idea why?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards
Cristian