GSoC organization application opened; I'd like to apply for GnuCash

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Mar 8 17:33:05 EST 2011

Thanks for all the feedback concerning the GSoC application. I've updated the
wiki page accordingly, http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GSoC2011

Apparently, we have four excellent potential mentors available: Geert
Janssens, John Ralls, Manfred Usselmann, and myself. Thanks a lot in advance
to any of you!

I've copied some of the mentioned projects from here to the wiki page and
added two myself. Feel free to add more and/or edit the existing descriptions
there.

IMHO it is important to clarify our expectation on the GSoC students here:
Surely, they will *not* come to solve our problems. Instead, they will come
here because they have heard about an exciting idea and a promising project
proposal. Hence, I'd like to explain the project ideas on the wiki page with a
focus on "What might be an exciting idea for a student?" Also, some of the
ideas have some unavoidable requirements, and that's why I thought we should
note those as well so that the expectations are set correctly beforehand.

The organization application will be done by me (as "organization admin"),
with Geert as backup organization admin. Our current organization application
is here http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GSoC2011/OrgApplication . Feel free to
edit or add more text there, especially on the last five "TBD" questions.
There will surely be many more org applications than slots, so our application
needs some really good answers even on the hard questions.

Further comments? questions?

Best Regards,

Christian