printf question

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Mar 21 09:58:02 EDT 2011

On maandag 21 maart 2011, Stephen Brown wrote:
> Hi Christian

I hope Christian can give more details about this.

> > My workaround for similar debugging steps is to use g_warning("Some
> > number %d", some_number) instead of printf(), i.e. the function
> > arguments of g_warning are the same as the ones of printf. Once the
> > logging filename was set up correctly, your g_warning statements will
> > at least show up there.
>
> How do I set up the logging filename correctly?

You can use the --logto command line option to gnucash. For example if you run
gnucash-launcher.cmd --logto c:\logfile
your debug messages will be stored in a file called
c:\logfile.ABCDEF.log
with ABCDEF some random digits.
If you don't pass the --logto option, the logfile will default to
%TEMP%\gnucash.trace.ABCDEF.log
%TEMP% is usually c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Data\Temp (WinXP)
or c:\Users\<username>\Local Data\Temp

Geert