Python module prototype

Andy Clayton q3aiml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:53:49 EDT 2011

Christian,

> However, even the first not-yet-applied patch,
build-core-python-swig.patch,
> doesn't compile (and needed some hand tweaking due to new changes
upstream,
> but that wasn't a problem):
>
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> swig-app-utils-python.c:3677: error: no previous prototype for
> ‘init_sw_app_utils’
> make[1]: *** [swig-app-utils-python.lo] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis
'/home/cs/org/gnucash/git/trunk/build/src/app-
> utils
>
> Can you have a look into that? I'd like to apply your python module
patches
> immediately, as long as they compile :-)

I will take a look later today. I believe it is due to a Python 2 vs 3
difference that I didn't handle yet. If that is the case then it's only a
naming difference and will be quick to fix. I can probably take care of the
configure ugliness while I am at it too. Or at least replace it with a more
correct bit of ugliness.

> PS: oh, and my most preferred patch format is "git format-patch" so that I
can
> apply those with "git am" and have the log messages already ready.

Certainly. I will use that format for all future patches.

Regards,

Andy