Python module prototype

Andy Clayton q3aiml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:51:37 EDT 2011

Christian,

Okay, so I lied: I am going to send them in the old format one last time. I
have been fighting with Ubuntu/debian's SSLless git, gmail's imap, and
thunderbird for a while and have run out of time tonight, and since I will
be busy the next few days it was this or not send them until after that.
Perhaps --attach may work out better... I will have to try that in the
future.

Anyways, the attached, updated patches take care of a few issues with the
prior revisions, namely:
 * based off a more recent rev
 * fixed no previous prototype compile warnings (so it still works with
warnings as errors) -- this was what you were running into
 * python linking options come from the autoconf macro rather than the
output from my python install
 * handle python 2 vs 3 init function name difference
 * changed the --enable-python-bindings flag to just --enable-python,
controls both plugin and bindings
* a few other small tweaks or cleanup

I should warn that I didn't do much testing of these changes other than
making sure it still compiled and ran due to time unfortunately. From what I
saw it should be fine though, or at the very least a huge improvement over
the already broken patches before.

Regards,

Andy

I will take a look later today. I believe it is due to a Python 2 vs 3