Windows Build system fixes

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Mar 23 13:58:11 EDT 2011

On woensdag 23 maart 2011, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On woensdag 23 maart 2011, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
> > > I will wait at least until tomorrow before backporting, just to see if
> > > tonight's build doesn't reveal bugs in my changes.
> >
> > Unfortunately last night's build failed, and it failed pretty quickly.
> > If you make further changes today I recommend you fire off a build
> > manually to check that it works.
> >
> > > Geert
> >
> > -derek
>
> Yes, I was already looking into it.
>
> The first problem was that newer mingw packages are distributed in lzma
> compression. Our build scripts don't install lzma tools to extract these.
> It turns out that MSys itself ships lzma starting from version 1.0.11. The
> build server had 1.0.10. I have updated that now.
>
> I'm hitting a problem now while building autotools, but from the errors it
> seems to be a problem of mingw not properly installed. I'm short on time
> right now, but will look at it further later on.
>
> Geert

Ok, I have added some fixes.

There were two problems so far:
1. I ran all my local tests in an environment that had the older mingw
installed, which I had upgraded by the build scripts by removing g++. However
when I let the buildscripts setup a clean mingw, it turned out there was one
component missing: the mingwrt dev package. This caused the libtool build to
fail. I have fixed this in the build scripts. They now do setup a proper mingw
environment, including everything necessary to build.

2. Next I had created a patch in order to make guile 1.8.8 buid properly. I
forgot to check this one it. Done now. The build is running now. We'll see in
a couple of hours if it is successful this time.

Geert