Fwd: French translation for GnuCash ...

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Tue Nov 1 06:40:47 EDT 2011

Il 01/11/2011 11:21, jerome ha scritto:
> Hi,
>

> To contribute to the French translation for the GnuCash website ?
> Yes, why not ! I will have a look at GnuCash website translation. :)
Great, thanks! I will save you some time by attaching the latest fr.po
file for the GnuCash website.
When it's ready send it back and as long as I commit it to the repo you
will be able to immediately see the translation on www.gnucash.org

> About manual, we also used docbook in the past...
> http://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Translating_GRAMPS
> but we moved to a complete online wiki version!
I don't know how the wiki-docs linkage works, but I've seen some
projects using it. It can be usefull to know what are pros/cons of both
methods.

> I added a (new) improved french translation for GnuCash program, sorry !
> ('number' meaning for cell/label, typos, verb form, 'reconcile', etc ...)

No problem! I will put it in the repo in five mins. Just for your
information, if you want to test the French transaltion without having
to compile from source, you can download a nightly build version of
GnuCash for Windows [1] (just scroll to the bottom of the page). Take
care that it is a development version so it could fail sometimes.

> Thanks.
> Jérôme

Thanks for your contribute!
Cristian