For The Love Of Bitcoin

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Fri Feb 17 12:46:12 EST 2012

When making an argument, you need to highlight what is important to the
listener, not to you.

There is a reasonable workaround to day to use Bitcoin with Gnucash.
Developers need to do absolutely nothing.

Bitcoin should not be included because it isn't a real currency. Gnucash is
not a political movement; you may have a very reasonable political argument
to make, this is not the forum for it.

If you want to have Gnucash recognize Bitcoin as a "real" currency, then
you need to get bitcoin recognized as a real currency. That is between you
and the ISO, and has nothing to do with Gnucash. Is that difficult? Sure.
Is that a corrupt process? Well, maybe. Is that Gnucash's problem? No.

If/when ISO recognizes it, as a matter of course, it will show up in
Gnucash.