[GSoC 2012 Ideas] GnuCash Android application

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 14:56:35 EST 2012

John--

I will start by saying I'm not a developer/mentor, but just a longtime user.

The itch that I would love to see scratched is the reports module. It would be really nice to see some progress on rebuilding this into something mortal users can reasonably expect to manipulate for their immediate needs. Whether that means wrapping what's there in a better interface (maybe some graphical UI to create Scheme-based reports?) or rebuilding on a different platform altogether is not important to me. I just would like to see an easier end user experience.

This is an area that many users find frustrating, and is an ongoing complaint from new users.

Also, I thought someone had put together a bit to work on budgeting, but I don't see that on the wiki page. Did it get dropped?

Cheers,
David