[GSoC 2012 Ideas] GnuCash Android application

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 8 15:37:47 EST 2012

On Mar 8, 2012, at 11:56 AM, David T. wrote:

> John--
>
> I will start by saying I'm not a developer/mentor, but just a longtime user.
>
> The itch that I would love to see scratched is the reports module. It would be really nice to see some progress on rebuilding this into something mortal users can reasonably expect to manipulate for their immediate needs. Whether that means wrapping what's there in a better interface (maybe some graphical UI to create Scheme-based reports?) or rebuilding on a different platform altogether is not important to me. I just would like to see an easier end user experience.
>
> This is an area that many users find frustrating, and is an ongoing complaint from new users.
>
> Also, I thought someone had put together a bit to work on budgeting, but I don't see that on the wiki page. Did it get dropped?

David,

This is for Google Summer of Code. The first is way beyond a reasonable student project, and while the second might be a workable student project I don't think there's anyone who's both willing to mentor and has a firm enough grasp of the code base to guide a student to a successful conclusion.

For long-range projects that developers are interested in, see the Wish List [1] and the Road Map [2].

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/WishList
[2] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/RoadMap