General Ledger - Can't Enter Transaction Amounts

Ted Baker ted at eb-analytics.com
Mon Dec 2 10:52:32 EST 2013

   Good Morning to the group;

   When using versions GnuCash 2.5.8 and GnuCash 2.5.9 I am unable to
   enter new transactions via the general ledger. The dollar amount
   entered in either the "Funds In" or "Funds Out" column disappear when I
   proceed to the next line in the split. I can enter the transaction but
   it is saved without any data for funds in or out.

   Transactions entered through individual account register show up okay
   in the general ledger. And I can edit an existing transaction via the
   general ledger; just can't create a new transaction.

   This error occurs when using the SQLite3 back end as well as with the
   XML back end.

   Currently testing Windows Vista and gnuCash 2.5.9.

   Anybody else experiencing the same issue?