GnuCash for Android with double entry accounting

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 15:38:14 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM, hospes <hanukenovember at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can see these post are a couple of months old so I just wanted to chip in
> and say I installed GNUCash Android a couple of days ago and have found the
> same double entry and virtual keyboard problems described.
> And to ask if there's any work around for it yet?

Hi,
unfortunately, there is currently no workaround for the double
transactions. Possibilities are still under consideration.

> As a temporary work around could we export to qif?  GNUCash will remember
> our previous account choices, and if it doesn't we can select multiple
> entries to choose an account when importing.

The decision was made a while ago not to go down the QIF road. I haven't
looked back since. I am sure if you search you'll find the thread in the
mailing list archives.

> On the other hand it's a really nice and easy tool to use, and I'm looking
> forward to seeing how it develops!

Thanks. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Ngewi