Development primer?

Christian Stimming (mobil) christian at cstimming.de
Sat May 11 05:28:17 EDT 2013

Dear Allen, I'm sorry to hear the program does not start. The error during make check is caused because you don't have the French locale installed. We discussed this here already 3-4 weeks ago.

But the error on start is weird. I also use Ubuntu 12.10 and haven't seen this problem. Maybe something with your version of swig or guile?

Regards, Christian

"Allen S. Rout" <asr at routhouse.org> schrieb:

>Is there an environment I should prefer to use to build Gnucash?
>Having
>looked over
>
>http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
>
>and e.g. the Helpful Message, I cloned the git repo, autogenned,
>./configure --enable-compile-warnings, and then made check:
>
>ERROR:test-gnc-date.c:437:test_gnc_setlocale: code should not be
>reached
>
>I'm on Ubuntu 12.10, but would be happy to gin up a VM if there's
>something else that's the most comfortable build environment.
>
>When I shrugged, and just ran make,  and then ran src/bin/gnucash, I
>got:
>
>Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
>
>which was a new one for me.
>
>I infer that I'm building somewhere not well prepared to be a gnucash
>build, but I may just be clueless.  Anyone got a bat?
>

>---
>
>The itch I'm wanting to scratch is the ability to direct the generation
>
>of a series of reports;  there's an older question on the list about
>making reports for all N of the customers, and I'm in just that
>situation for billing the members of our local hackerspace.
>
>Best off, I'd like to extend the reach of the Python API (which we're
>already using for many things; thanks!) so that it can trigger report
>generation.   but other command-line-invocation solutions would be fine
>too.
>

>Additionally, I want to be able to express from my python such desires
>as:
>
>Enumerate for me the active customers (or customer numbers, or...)..
>Right now I'm checking customers zero to 10,000 for
>
>if (customer == None):
>
>.. works, but ick.
>
>and "What's the largest invoice?", and probably other similar queries.
>

>- Allen S. Rout

Sent from mobile.