Sub Account Balance Column in 2.5.1

Robert Fewell 14ubobit at gmail.com
Sat May 18 12:21:55 EDT 2013

Geert has pointed out that I have left of this column when showing a sub
account view. I was wondering if this is required as I can not really see
the point. As far as I can tell, its a running total in what ever the sort
order is across the sub accounts. This may be difficult as the transactions
when loaded will be in date order and then the sort model changes the paths
to rearrange them unlike the old register, all the transactions would be in
the sorted order.

So if you think we need it, I will try and figure it out ?

On a similar note, is there any point in showing the balance figures
generally if the sort order is not by date, not sure it makes sense if you
say sort by description ?

I was considering blanking the entries if the sort order is not by date.

Robert