Announcement: Bugzilla configuration changes

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri May 31 11:51:11 EDT 2013

We have slightly changed the way we use bugzilla.

There are two fields in each bug: "Assigned to" and "QA Contact". These fields take bugzilla
accounts that will automatically receive e-mails for every change to that bug.

The disadvantage of the way we used them so far was that only two e-mail addresses were
possible and it required administrator intervention to change either default.

So we have decided to set this up differently fixing both shortcomings: for new bugs the
default assignee and default qa contact will now be set to a dummy user. If you want to
receive mail for a certain component, you now have to "follow" the dummy user associated
with this component.

The contact changes have been done about an hour ago. In the new system you can decide
for yourself which mails you wish to receive. See
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2013-May/035524.html
for how to do this.

For people that were set to default assignee/qa contact up until an hour ago, there is still
some extra work to be done: you have currently been added to the default cc list for new
bugs for your component. This is to make sure you still receive mails for new bugs until you
have set your own preferences as described above. This is meant as a temporary measure
though. At some point in the future, these cc lists should be empty.

So I would like to ask each of you that was a default assignee or qa contact (ie you received
notifications for *new* bugs for some component), to

1. Decide if you (still) want to receive mail for these components

2. Configure your bugzilla e-mail preferences to follow the respective dummy users.

3. Either remove yourself from the respective default cc lists (if you have the proper
permissions) or ask to be removed from the cc lists (if you don't have permission to do it
yourself).

Like that we can clean up the bugzilla configuration. One note still before I publish the list:
the changed defaults will only affect *new* bugs. Existing bugs still have the assignees and
contacts as they were set before we changed the defaults.

On to the list. Behind each component I have added the dummy account to follow if you want
to continue receiving e-mails.

* Backend - SQL (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
John Ralls
Phil Longstaff

* Backend - XML (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
Christian Stimming

* Budgets (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
Chris Shoemaker

* Build system (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
John Ralls
Christian Stimming
Derek Atkins

* Business (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
Christian Stimming
Derek Atkins

* Check Printing (gnucash-reports-maint at gnome.bugs)
David Hampton

* Currency and Commodity (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
Frank Ellenberger

* Documentation (gnucash-documentation-maint at gnome.bugs)
Tom Bullock
Yawar Amin

* Engine (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
John Ralls
Christian Stimming
Derek Atkins

* General (gnucash-general-maint at gnome.bugs)
Christian Stimming

* Import - AqBanking (gnucash-import-maint at gnome.bugs)
Micha Lenk
Christian Stimming

* Import - CSV (gnucash-import-maint at gnome.bugs)
Christian Stimming

* Import - OFX (gnucash-import-maint at gnome.bugs)
Benoit Grégoire
Christian Stimming

* Import - Other (gnucash-import-maint at gnome.bugs)
Christian Stimming

* Import - QIF (gnucash-import-maint at gnome.bugs)
Charles Day
Derek Atkins

* Import - QSF (gnucash-import-maint at gnome.bugs)
Andreas Köhler
=> Should this component be deleted altogether ? We don't do qsf anymore.

* MacOS X (gnucash-mac-maint at gnome.bugs)
John Ralls

* Python Bindings (gnucash-core-maint at gnome.bugs)
Mark Jenkins