Help with help

Wm Tarr wm.tarr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 07:33:52 EDT 2013

At
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_translate_the_GnuCash_guide_and.2For_help_files
it says
===
If you want to edit the files on /Windows/ or /MacOSX/, we don't know
yet a good software tool that can process the DocBook files so that you
can see the final document. Please add your comments here if you have a
better solution.
===

My solution was to use cygwin.  GeertJ asked me to add some words to the
Wiki which I will happily do.  My problem is that my cygwin installation
is mature and I'd prefer to add instructions that worked for someone
approaching this clean rather than have someone try it and fail because
I presumed something was already there.

My request is that someone attempts to follow the instructions below and
points out anything that doesn't work.

===
Get cygwin by going to
http://www.cygwin.com
and pressing the link for the setup-*.exe file suited to your system.
save it, virus scan it, etc. as you see fit then run it.
type "libxslt" into the search box
===

this is where I become unsure about what is needed vs what I already
have.  I *think* the correct choice is

===
expand Libs and press Skip so that it shows a version for all 3 GNOME
XSLT Library options, you want the most recent which it will offer by
default.
cygwin will work out the dependencies
click next at the bottom rhs and let cygwin do its stuff.
When it is done fire up cygwin and do stuff as per the *nix instructions
===

I've almost certainly left something out because of what I already have
which is why I'd like someone to try it out and tell me where they get
stuck.

--
Wm