Allowing the user to select the currency symbol

Frédéric Perrin fred at fperrin.net
Tue Sep 24 18:19:50 EDT 2013

Hi Derek,

Le mercredi 25 à 0:08, Derek Atkins a écrit :
> If you're going to extend the Commodity Class then why not just put the
> symbols into the default constructors in the iso-4217-currencies file?
> Why put it into GConf?

Which of Australian, Canadian, Zimbabwean dollar gets to use the "$"
sign? It seems to me only the user knows which currency they mean with
$, so attributing a symbol to a currency (beyond the locale one) should
be a user decision.

(I guess this is why only the locale currency gets a symbol in the
current implementation)

--
Fred